March 13-17th at 11am - 3pm Pro
March 13-17 at 5-7pm and 6:30-9pm (Pro Company)
Dear parents and dancers, Jo Ann shared with you yesterday the calendar but in case some of you do not receive it through her format, here is the calendar updated. Please notice the few new performances (highlighted in yellow). Most of the performances are for ALL the Junior and Pro. company. Please notice the JCC performance that is very important and we ALL need to be there. There are so many opportunities to shine this year for both companies.
Please know that for NuYoRican the Junior Company will be dancing a lot. So please invite all schools you are involved or study at to come to the field trips and of course all your friends. It will be a great performance! One of the jewels of the Latin Ballet.
We are too many dancers and I am a little short on costumes, mainly because the NYR costumes are real antique dresses from the 50’s and they are or too little or the fabric is already damaged. This is what they will need:
Costumes for the Junior Company
Intro: Ana will bring costumes for All.
Even my Grand Ma Dances the MAMBO (2 dances): 50’s Party dress like and character shoes (Please see any West Side Story or 50’s dresses) Suggestion site: West Side Story
I have a few that I will bring, but do not have for everybody.
School Girls: I will bring the uniforms but you need to get white long sucks and black jazz shoes or black sneakers.
PROMESAS: Any white dress they have (same as POE’s performance last year)
Reggaeton: Colorful dresses I brought from Mexico and to match a group with the dresses and scarf in velvet that I gave to the girls during Poinsettia.
FINALE: Junior Company: The Latin Ballet’s black sweatshirt, black tights and any color tennis shoes.
NuYoRican - TECH WEEK - ALL activities are at the theatre at Glen Allen
- Monday, March 13th and Wednesday 15th- Pro. Company at 11 am to 2 pm
- Monday, March 13th and Tuesday 14th - Junior Company from 5 to 8 pm
NO rehearsal Wednesday, March 15th evening. I am receiving an award for Women in the Arts at Dogtown Theatre at 6:30 that evening and would love for you to be there if you could.
- Thursday, March 16th - FIELD TRIP performance (one hour performance) at 10:30 am - Please arrive at 9:30 am the latest.
- Thursday, March 16th - DRESS Rehearsal 5 to 9 pm
- Friday, March 17th - FIELD TRIP performance (one hour performance) at 10:30 am - Please arrive at 9:30 am the latest.
- Friday, March 17th - Full performance at 7:30 pm - Please arrive at 5:30 pm
- Saturday, March 18th - FULL performance at 3 pm and 7:30 pm - Please arrive 2 hours before each performance.
- Sunday, March 19th - FULL performance at 3 pm - Please arrive at 1 pm.